Virginia Beach EMS Volunteers are held to a high standard of conduct and must meet all federal, state and local statutory requirements.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must pass a criminal and DMV background check.
- Be clean and neat in appearance.
- Be of sound physical and mental condition, capable of performing all assigned duties.
- Be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- must not be addicted to the use of any drugs or intoxicating substances
- must have never been convicted of a felony involving a sexual crime
- must not be convicted of any other act which is a felony under the laws of this State or of the United States, except that such felony is eligible for certification if within five (5) years after the date of final release no additional felonies have been committed
- must not have been convicted of any felony or any crime involving moral turpitude (crimes contrary to justice, honesty or good morals)
- must not have been convicted of a Class 1 or Class 2 misdemeanor or the Virginia State law equivalent in the last 24 months
- must not have been convicted of a Class 3 or Class 4 misdemeanor or the Virginia State law equivalent in the last twelve (12) months
- must not have a minus three (-3) or more points on a Virginia Operators license or the equivalent for out of state license or the combination of such
- must not have been convicted of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, refusal to take blood or breath test, eluding police, racing, reckless driving or any suspension of driving privileges in the last five (5) years
- must not have used Cocaine, LSD, PCP, or any other type of hallucinogenic drug in the last five (5) years or any history of flashbacks or adverse reactions related to such use
- must not have used illegal drugs including anabolic steroids in the last twelve (12) months
- must not have a dishonorable discharge from any military service
- must not be untruthful or intentionally withhold information on any application, interview or paperwork associated with the position
- must not cheat on examinations or testing associated with the position.