Repost permission by the VA Beach Rescue Squad Foundation
May 31, 2020- Virginia Beach The ten student recipients of the 2020 Langhorne & Pulley Memorial Scholarship have been announced. This memorial scholarship was created in 2008 and is co-funded by the Virginia Beach Volunteer Rescue Squad and the Virginia Beach Rescue Squad Foundation.
2020 Langhorne & Pulley Memorial $1,000 Scholarship Awardees:
- Courtney Barbero, Student at EVMS (VBVRS – Station 14 member)
- Julie Barnes, Student at Sentara College of Health Sciences (Sandbridge VRS – Station 17 member)
- Maya Begovic, Student at Old Dominion University Station 14 (Sponsored by Tija Begovic)
- Scott Burns, Student at Old Dominion University (Sandbridge VRS – Station 17 member)
- Bailey Deaver, Graduating H.S. Senior and soon to be Student at Longwood University (Sponsored by Lance Deaver, Ocean Park VRS – Station 1 member)
- Rebecca Long, Student at Longwood University (Sponsored by Jim Long – VBVRS Station 14)
- Aubree Musicant, Graduating H.S. Senior and soon to be Student at Randolph-Macon College (Sponsored by Kyle Musicant, Plaza VRS – Station 16)
- Jordan Sibley, Student at Virginia Tech (Sponsored by Richard Doub – VBVRS Station 14)
- Anne Svejda, Student at EVMS (VBVRS – Station 14 member)
- Sarah Torres, Student at Old Dominion University (PA Courthouse VRS – Station 5 member)
- Austin Tydings, Student at James Madison University (Sponsored by Roy Tydings, VBVRS Station 14)
- Cole Tydings, Student at James Madison University (Sponsored by Roy Tydings, VBVRS Station 14)
- Larry R. Utter, Student at The University of Virginia (Sponsored by Larry J. Utter, Marine Rescue Team)
The Virginia Beach Volunteer Rescue Squad and the Virginia Beach Rescue Squad Foundation are partners dedicated to maintaining a vibrant volunteer rescue squad system in the City of Virginia Beach. In order to continue to provide the highest quality of care, free of charge to patients, the organizations are committed to recognizing, retaining, and applauding the invaluable service that their dedicated volunteers provide to the community. The organizations recognize and honor the sacrifices that volunteers and their families make in order for the Volunteer Rescue Squads of Virginia Beach to operate at the highest possible level. The Langhorne & Pulley Scholarship Fund is a joint partnership designed to assist eligible volunteers and their immediate family members to continue their college education.
Did you know, when you join the Volunteering Rescue Squads of Virginia Beach, EMT training is free and VA Beach residency is not required?
Start your journey to learning life saving skills at NeighborsSavingNeighbors and click on the join us link.